Is the doctrine of the Trinity taught in the Old Testament? Is Christ God? What about when Christ said that the Father is greater than He is? What about when Christ is called the first born of all creation? Upon completion of this session, the student will have built a biblical foundation for the doctrine of the Trinity looking at the teachings of both the Old and New Testaments. The student will also learn a strong defense for the deity of Christ, recognizing that Christ was either a madman or the Lord of the universe. We will also struggle through some passages that seem to present problems to the doctrine of the Trinity and Christ’s deity. In short, the student should leave with a solid defense for the doctrine of the Trinity.
– Roger Olsen, Mosaic of Christian Belief, pp. 223-242 (Chapter 10)
For Further Study:
- A Comprehensive Biblical Defense of the Trinity
- Biblical Defense of the Trinity: Refuting the Watchtower
- A Biblical Defense of the Doctrine of the Trinity: A Response to Mormonism
- Answering Common Objections to the Doctrine of the Trinity
- CGtM: A Biblical Defense of the Trinity
What does the Bible teach about the Trinity?
The Mystery of Trinity – The Biblical Witness – R C Sproul [Lecture 2]
Ravi Zacharias Q & A: The Contradiction of the Trinity and DesCartes
Fred Sanders: The One on John 1, Part 2 – Biola University Chapel
Why You Should Believe in the Trinity – An Answer to Jehovah’s Witnesses